Nurture and pamper yourself…
Awaken your heart, mind and body…
The USUI SYSTEM of Reiki Healing.
This natural healing modality originated in Tibet.
The name ‘Reiki’ (rey-key) comes from the technique as re-discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist in the early 20th C..
Rei’ means ‘the Higher Power’ and ‘Ki’ means ‘Life Force Energy’ so Reiki is actually ‘spiritually guided life force energy’. Over time the system of Reiki healing developed by Mikao Usui has evolved, or been changed, by subsequent teachers. Today a number of different forms of Reiki are practised worldwide.
How does Reiki Healing Energy work?
The body and its organs have their own energy field which is continually changing. All conditions of disease are rooted in this energy system. If our ‘life force’ is low or blocked, we are more likely to get sick. But if it is high and flowing freely, with Reiki we can maintain our health and well being. The Reiki practitioner helps the client to heal themselves spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically by a simple laying on of hands.
Benefits of Reiki
Reiki helps if you are seeking help to cope with illness or pain, when you are feeling anxious or perhaps when everything feels ‘just too much sometimes’.
Reiki assists when you need to recharge, gain peace of mind and a feeling of wellness and wellbeing and to assist in bringing harmony in your life.
- Reiki is a non-invasive, gentle powerful method of healing and is often described as ‘universal life energy’ or ‘spiritual energy’ and it enhances the body’s natural healing ability and promotes well being.
- One of the greatest benefits of receiving Reiki is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing enabling to gently balance life energies and bring health and wellbeing.
- When the flow of the ‘Life Force Energy’ is disrupted, weakened or blocked, emotional or health problems tend to occur from emotions that are not expressed in a healthy way and the long term practice of Reiki opens the energy channels and assists the body to deal better with built-up toxins, stress, anxiety and recovery from illness.
- Reiki complements Eastern and Western medicine enhancing health. It is beneficial to the health of women (even in pregnancy), men and children.
- Reiki supports orthodox and complementary medicine.
- Reiki does not interfere with or diminish the intended effects of other health or medical practices and it is increasingly accepted in health and community care facilities including hospitals, hospices and cancer support units.
- Reiki is also beneficial to those in good health, increasing the built-in defences of the body which manifests as confidence and outward harmony in dealing with everyday events to enable a positive outlook on life.